Monday, January 31, 2011

Easy Oven Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips

If you're like me, you can't pass up a good deal. I ended up buying a big stack of corn tortillas because it was not that much more expensive to buy a larger stack than the smaller stack. But after I got home I absolutely knew I wouldn't be able to eat them all. I tossed them in the freezer until I could figure out what to do with them...


After watching countless Superbowl snack specials on TV, I started to crave nachos. While I'm still working on my nacho recipe, I did however figure out how to make Easy Oven Restaurant Style Tortilla Chips! No need for a fryer, so its less fat and all the crispy crunchy goodness you crave.


Ingredients:
fresh corn tortillas
non stick cooking spray
salt
chili powder (optional)


Hardware:
cookie sheet


Directions:

  • Preheat your oven to the highest setting. Mine goes to 450 degrees. 
  • Cut your corn tortillas into triangles. I usually cut mine into sixths. 
  • Lay the triangles on a cookie sheet.
  • Lightly spray the triangles with non stick cooking spray.
  • Flip over the triangles and repeat spraying to other side.
  • Place in preheated oven and bake until crispy and golden. Depending on your oven, you may need to rotate the cookie sheet for more even baking.
  • Allow to cool and sprinkle with salt and/or chili powder for extra kick.
  • Enjoy!!
Store in resealable bag, but they'll most likely be devoured before then. 

1 comment:

  1. best thing about making our own is that there aren't any broken bits at the bottom of the bag!

    ReplyDelete